Get to Know Us
In 2012, HCI Care Services (formerly Hospice of Central Iowa) and Visiting Nurse Services of Iowa (VNS of Iowa) formed a community partnership to better serve our communities’ most vulnerable populations.
We share a tradition of community-based, non-profit care services which enhance quality of life.
- We offer a full continuum of care services, from prenatal support to end of life.
- Both organizations have strong reputations and long histories of serving vulnerable populations.
We are stronger together.
- Through combined expertise and resources, we operate more efficiently.
- Together, we are ensuring better sustainability to serve our communities
HCI Care Services was founded in 1978 and provides compassionate care and support to an area covering nearly half of Iowa. Its family of services include:
Visiting Nurse Services of Iowa was founded in 1908 and provides dozens of medical, education and support services to our communities’ most vulnerable individuals, including children, young mothers and families, adults and older Iowans, immigrant and refugee populations. www.vnsia.org | (515) 288-1516
In addition to the many grant-funded programs which “live” under the VNS of Iowa name, the organization offers several independently-branded services, shown in bold type below. VNS of Iowa helps those who need:
- Transportation (per eligibility)
- Interpretation services (Community Voices Interpretation Services)
- Prenatal/postnatal care/classes
- Children’s items (diapers, clothing, car seats)
- Resources for child care/preschool
- Dental coverage for ages 0-21
- Health checks at home for children/family
- To be seen for anxiety or stress
- Mental health services, or to address anxiety or stress (Strong Foundations: Therapy & Support Solutions)
- Help to sign up for health insurance, hawk-I, Title 19
- Access to community resources
- Flu shots, wellness screenings (VNS of Iowa Wellness)
- TB testing
- Immunizations for child/child care centers
- Information about foot clinics
- DNA testing
- Caregiver education
- Home health care (VNS Home Care)
Our Organization’s Form 990s